Travel Journal | Cebu 2018

Monday, July 30, 2018

Well I can say this is not much of a city tour. LOL!

This was never really planned, actually. It's just because I was dead-set to go to the Big Bad Wolf Sale that happened two weeks ago. My parents won't allow me to go alone with Jason so I end up having my sisters with me. It's also a good opportunity for us to bond since I've noticed that we just end up bickering over small stuffs lately and of course, I want them to have a great time there as well.


My sisters are really vain and I can't deny it (sorry sizzums!) they love to pose and smile even though we've got no body of a model. But it's also the reason why I love them. They got no problems about it and are even proud of it. So we got on board for the 8PM trip going to Cebu from Cagayan de Oro and right after we settled our stuffs and ate dinner we roam around the ship and took some photos. We still haven't arrived but it seems like they already planned to fill my camera's memory 🤣 and while we're on it, Jason volunteered to be the baggage counter (as if he got a choice, but thank you! Haha!)

We arrived in Cebu around 6 in the morning which is still too early than what we've anticipated. We hired a taxi and went straight to the Basilica del Santo Niño where we found a McDonald's nearby so we decided to have breakfast first and then went to Magellan's Cross right after.


Magellan's Cross is a Christian cross planted by Portuguese and Spanish explorers as ordered by Ferdinand Magellan upon arriving in Cebu in the Philippines on 15 March 1521. (Wikipedia)

After our little photo-op (I'll upload more of our photos on my Facebook soon) we went straight to the Sto. Niño church to offer our prayer of thanks as we arrived in Cebu safe and sound despite of the grumpy weather.


A mass was going on when we were there.

Right after it, we went straight to the Senior Citizen's Park to wait for Ella's boyfriend (he's studying in Cebu). We never really intended to go to the said park, we just waited there as it would be accessible to our next destination.


Our baggage counter, but not for long! 😂


When Soysoy (Ella's boyfriend) arrived, we went to Robinson's Fuente right away to wait for Telyn (my cousin's girlfriend who was our very generous host, thanks again Tel!) as she still have school commitments until 12 noon. We rode a jeepney going to Fuente and it was no problem going there because my sister, Ricca lived in Cebu for almost half a year (if I remember it correctly) for her internship and she knows some of the jeepney codes.

We bought groceries for our needs and had lunch at the food court (to save money, I went all out on my books) and then had a short (was it short? Haha!) walk going to Telyn's pad to leave our belongings. It was our first meeting and she's so warm and fun to be with plus I can totally relate to her when we're talking about books and anime (such a pretty otaku!) 😊

Going to the IEC Convention Center where the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale was located was no problem either as Telyn knows the way already. We took another jeepney ride that led us to Ayala Center Cebu which was just a walking distance going to the convention center. It was my first time to enter Ayala even though I've been to Cebu a couple of times already, I never really got the chance to enter it as my family always go to SM (I don't really know why. Don't ask me. Haha!). We had to enter the mall and take a different exit which was closer to the convention center, there, I got a chance to have a peek however, we don't have much time as we're so pumped up already to go book shopping. But I can say that the mall is huge! So huge that ours can't even compare.

We spent 3 hours shopping for books and that experience was really amazing for me. I think if ever our feet aren't tired yet and if we're still not feeling hungry, I'd still stay there for a few more hours. But I felt it as well and I'm dying to eat already so we went to Mango Square where there are lots of restaurants and other entertainment found (when you're looking for a good nightlife you can go there). Telyn and Jiji (my cousin, her boyfriend but he's not with us) suggested that we'd go to Wingers Unlimited for unlimited chicken wings but sad to say we have to wait for two hours for the queue. So, no! We're famished. LOL! So we end up going to the restaurant next door who offers Cebu Lechon as Cebu's pretty famous for delicious roasted pig. The place was called Ayer's Lechon Cebu.


Sorry, can't hide my belly. I haven't even had my dinner yet!


My cousin, RR, the one at the center also studies in Cebu. It was a rare chance for us to go there so of course, we invited him as well. But gaaah! Seeing that food makes me hungry right now!

We went straight to Telyn's pad when we're full enough and had a really good rest. It was really good that we end up waking up so late! It was really shameful of us to have Telyn prepare the breakfast. We could've offered our help as well. 

After feeling all that guilt, we went to the SM Seaside City Cebu as I never really went there together with my sisters ever (I went there together with Jason last 2016 and my mom got no problem with it because we stayed at my uncle's convent when he was still assigned in Cebu). We had lunch there and had lots of fun taking photos as the mall is beautiful (especially its scenery).


Here's Telyn! She's pretty, right? And she's really tall! I felt really awkward standing next to her because I'm only 149cm. Haha!

Here's the famous Cube Wing:


We went back inside to find the Sky Park and I saw this beautiful store called Roy & Biv where they sell different cute stuffs and was arranged by the colors of the rainbow and I had my eyes on the yellow part.


To the Sky Park:


Truth be told, the Sky Park was really hot! The place was beautiful but we should've went there as the sun was setting or even later to avoid the heat. But luckily, when we went back inside, we found a bingsu (Korean shaved ice dessert) dessert cafe called I~Cha! Their interior is seriously cute as they have different rooms or cubicles that looks like igloo. Cozy!


It was delicious and I love the flavors. Right after that cool dessert we went to check out SM's bowling center and ice skating rink.


The ice skating rink was really different from what we have here in Cagayan de Oro. Plus ours is just for a limited time only while we don't have a bowling center here and it was my first time seeing one.

We went to the grocery right after the mall tour (feeling artista! 😂) to buy souvenirs for our friends and family and then went back to Telyn's pad to drop them off as we're having another food trip for our dinner. 

Our next destination isn't really far but going there is really a hassle because of the traffic but visiting Sugbo Mercado located at the IT Park should be a part of anyone's list who's going to Cebu as the place was fantastic and so entertaining plus the food stalls were superb! 


It was located near The Pyramid

After our fun dinner, we went back to Telyn's pad to rest. We don't have any plans the next day and we're just going to SM City Cebu before our trip back home. I've mentioned earlier that we've been to Cebu a couple of times already so we've visited different spots already as well. You can check out my other blog for it. That's why we're okay even if we haven't visited lots of places (which makes this less of a travel post and a city tour but still it's a different place. Haha!). We also only have limited funds as we only have few weeks to prepare for it and I really, really, really went all out choosing for books. Still, this trip is a marvelous experience for me and my sisters (in my opinion).


Here's the last photo we had from our tour. RR was the one who's holding the Blue Magic bag I bought for my goddaughter, while the one on the other side was Charlie, also our cousin who's working in Cebu. 

That's all it is, I guess. See you soon, Cebu! I'm pretty sure this isn't our last visit 😉

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe