Travel Journal | Seven Seas Waterpark and Resort

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Ahoy mates! This is probably the saddest summer I'll ever have however, I'm not gonna spill it out yet and just reveal it all on my month-end post slash roundup. But still, my family and I deserved this break and we all went to the new spot in town, Seven Seas!


Truth be told, this happened all thanks to the company where my dad works and it's the reason why we already had tickets beforehand. If it's just us, I really wonder when we'll go there on our own because the entrance fee is 799Php per person and that's even just the weekday rate. While on weekends, visitors have to pay for 999Php and our kuripot hearts could never handle it. We can't even bring our own food inside the park for us to save food expenses but oh well, the company gave us budget and of course, we can't miss this opportunity to fill our adrenaline soul. We're yearning for this!


The park is located at Opol, Misamis Oriental and is an hour away from home but we've noticed that there were lots of visitors who came from different places thus makes my post a travel journal. Teehee~


Captain Jack Sparrow welcomed us mates! Jason loved Pirates of the Caribbean so I got no choice but to watch it with him, I came to love it eventually though.

We didn't go for the swim right away, chill dear lads! Our turista mode was switched on the moment we got in. Ha! Ha!


There's also a spot for children to have fun as well called as Pirates Caraibes and Captain Kidd's Hideout so the grown ups could have fun with the adrenaline rides at the same time. 


The kids have lesser rates compared to the adults by the way and it depends on their height. I can't really wish for me to be a kid this time since I can't ride those thrilling rides if I'm small. Well, I'm short but to be honest, I felt relieved that my height met the minimum requirement for the rides. LOL!


The park's Cabanas ranges from 600-900Php and we never really thought of renting one since we were pretty sure we won't be staying on one place all the time. If we ever feel like it, we'll just chill on the beach chairs by the Buccaneer Bay or the largest pool of the park where you can obviously see the two main attractions called the Pirate Lookout Tower and Jolly Roger Tower. Gee seeing these two makes me anxious, I don't know if I should feel excited or puke. Ha! Ha!

Around 9:30 AM, we decided to have an early (well, very early) lunch for us to just enjoy everything afterwards. We went to the Ahoy Fastfood. As mentioned earlier, we're not allowed to bring our own food and I've always thought it's a big issue but to my surprise, meals ranges from 99-159Php. It's a good deal, isn't it? 


Their packaging is quite top-notch as well!


Expected to see Davy Jones' tentacles though. LOL!

The park got two locker rooms for us to leave our belongings. One is located near the entrance while the other (the one we chose) is located near the Jolly Roger Tower. We only left few stuffs like cellphones and wallets since our bags were left in our van on the parking lot. Security isn't a problem either since there are staffs guarding there and they gave us a key that looks like the one I saw from aquaparks from the manga I just read. Hihi~ and oh! Locker fee is 50Php and it's not really a bad deal since there's comfort and shower room by the lockers. We just have to leave a valid ID and we're good to go!


My sister, Ricca, is actually our guide since she went here together with her best friend last December and she lead us first to the Treasure Island. There we found families having fun and floating through the Mighty Maui River below the bridge.


After passing the bridge, we saw this sperm whale and the first thought that came to my mind was Moby-Dick since it's huge. 


We then saw the Fuerte de San Agustin that looks like a castle from the movie, Jack the Giant Slayer since there's another bridge to pass before you could get inside the castle and it's where the two-headed leader of the giants fell that enabled him to get inside the castle.


I bet this part is still on an on-going development since there's nothing much to see here but still, these two would still prefer a photo.

Next stop... the Pirate Lookout Tower!


This tower got 5 attractions, the Barnacle Boy Snack Bar, Cannonball Run, Cutlass, Pacific Racer, Plank Drop and my favorite, the Cyclone.


Before getting on the Cyclone, we had to fall in line first to get one of this huge floater that could accommodate four of us.


We also had to have our weights checked first to determine if we're allowed to have this adrenaline ride. Afterwards, we lifted this obviously heavy thing all the way to the fifth floor and it's probably the only downside of it because seriously, IT'S REALLY HEAVY!!! Not that I gave effort lifting it because my dad and sister were there 😝


See those happy faces? My sisters Ricca and Ella together with her boyfriend Soysoy survived the Cyclone! We even dared to fall in line right away for my father's turn together with us three. Yes, I loved it!


That was nerve-wrecking but we went to the next tower right to have more group ride.


The Jolly Roger Tower have four attractions, the Jolly Roger Cafe, Escape Tunnel, Pira-chute, and Reeftide Reef. I wonder if I could find Luffy and his crew here. Hmm...

We tried the Reeftide first since it's a duo ride and I went with Ate Ricca. 


My sister, Ella went with her boyfriend while Ate Ricca went back with my dad. In case you are wondering, my mom couldn't handle thrilling rides. So after the Cyclone and the Riptide, we went to the Mighty Maui River for some chillin' where my mom could go as well.


The required height for the Maui River is 3.5ft so not all kids could easily get in and after two rounds at the river, we went back to the Jolly Roger Tower to try the ice cream at the Jolly Roger Cafe.


While they're staying at the cafe, I roamed around on my own to capture more photos of the park...


When I went back to the cafe, my sisters and Soysoy were getting ready to try the slides of the Jolly Roger Tower. I didn't dared to go any longer since I think I already had enough though whenever I'll have another opportunity to go back, I'll try them out. But I still went up the tower to take photos.


I also saw the Pirate Lookout Tower in front...


For the last ride, we went back to the Pirate Lookout Tower since Ate Ricca and Soysoy wanted to try the Pacific Racer


Yeah, we weren't able to try every slide but at least we have something to look forward to on our next visit.

Around three in the afternoon, we started to feel hungry so we went to Captain Oliver's Cafe.


After our sumptuous early dinner, we went back to the Buccaneer Bay for some Wavepool fun!


The wave of this pool came from the Shipwreck Island but of course we aren't allowed to take a peak of what's inside of it.


We changed clothes at exactly five in the afternoon, just in time for the park to close. I can say that I really loved our time spent there since the place looks like a theme park of different movies. I am planning to go back together with Jason and invite friends because I can't ride the Cyclone with just us two. LOL! 


See you around mates!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe