Life Journal | Big Bad Wolf Book Sale in Cebu!

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Since the book sale is officially over, I'm gonna share to y'all one of my most satisfying and memorable experience (so far).

Yes! I am talking about the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale in Cebu last July 13-23 and I went there on the first day together with my sisters, Jason and my cousin's girlfriend, Telyn.


When I found out that the biggest book sale in the world is coming once again in the Philippines, my heart was charged up as I never had the chance to go on their first visit as it was located in Manila plus my very kuripot pockets can't afford the fare going there. I was so envious of the people buying (but I'd rather call it shopping) stacks of books for a price of five or even less when you go shop in a regular bookstore. I saw it on TV as some of them were interviewed last February. Luckily and thankfully, they're back and was located in Cebu which is very accessible for me. I am from Cagayan de Oro (in case you want to know) where there's a ferry ride going to Cebu everyday.

I booked tickets for me, my sisters and Jason a week before the sale happened and it was a time when I finally accepted the fact that I'll never have an opportunity to have some preview passes that would give me a chance to shop for books before the sale officially open since I had to consider my fellow travelers' schedules as well. If ever that I did have the passes, I am pretty sure I could buy almost everything that's on my list but still I could say, I had one great experience:

After we met Telyn and left our baggage in her pad (thank you so much, Tel!) we went right away to the IEC Convention Center or the International Eucharistic Congress Convention Center where the book sale is being held. 


For me, entering the place was quite surreal as I've always loved books. Ever since I was young, I'd always prefer books than toys. You can even find me reading in a corner during parties and I know the moment I've enter the convention center, I could find my heaven on earth. 


See? Every stack is beautiful. It's like the feeling when your parents take you to buy school supplies for the new school year and you get to choose different designs of notebooks and believe it or not, I can smell the books from here. LOL!

We grabbed push carts right away and our hunting began. We decided to roam around on our own and will just meet up whenever we're satisfied enough.


I was with Jason the entire time though. He insisted to push my cart and it's easier for me anyway (thank you!) and I also gave him some time to look for some books as well. 


There were lots of categories to choose from that even kids could enjoy. There are affordable book sets, DC and Marvel comic books and even mangas, too!


Partially, these were the books that I got. Partially because not all of them were on my list but I still grabbed for books that caught my attention.


My face saying "I can't find any Rick Riordan book!"


I met up with my sisters the moment I felt I can't find anything else any longer while Telyn was already done and was waiting for us outside. We we're taking pictures as we were finalizing the books we found and then a staff noticed us and took a photo for us using my camera and he also took one using his and it was posted on their official Instagram account.


After finally deciding that I had enough, that I am fully satisfied, that I am already ultimately happy with what I got, we went to the cashier. This could obviously look like a maze if there are people in line but we went there in the afternoon which is still a time for work and school so there's still a few people. 


The cashiers raise their number cards to indicate that their station is free.


Voila! I am so happy~


I'm so glad that my sisters had some fun as well~


And I am so thankful for this guy who pushed around my cart for three hours 🤣

I know that not everyone would understand and not everyone would appreciate and agree to what I did. We still traveled by the sea after all. But take note, it was one of the happiest moment of my life. I did what made me happy plus I was with Jason and bonded with my sisters as well.


I bought 15 books for only (more or less) 3,000 Php (never neared 4k) and if I went on a regular bookstore, I am pretty sure I'll only have 6 books (or even less) for that amount. That's why I find my visit to the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale worthwhile. If ever they'd come here in CDO, I'll surely visit everyday!

PS. Wished I took a photo with you inside the center, Telyn!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe