Photo Journal | FUJIFILM #NPW 2018

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

I've mentioned on my last Roundup Post that I joined an event related to photography and it was the FUJIFILM Nationwide Photowalk and it happened last month, August 19, 2018, in celebration of the World Photography Day.

I'm not really confident when it comes to my photography skills and I do it only as a hobby and for my blog as well but of course, I can't help but think "I wish I can do a shot just like this and that..." or "What if I have a better camera or lens?" from time to time. But anyway, I love my camera. I use Fujifilm X-A10 and I have it all thanks to my ninong/uncle who gave it to me last Christmas. I always bring it with me especially on family events and I always had my sister as my subject (like I have a choice 😝). 

When I found Fujifilm Philippines' post on Instagram I informed Pearly about it right away. She got lots of experiences when it comes to photography and events like this already and I really, really admire her skills. Go and check out her blog: http://pjcaboodle.blogspot.com/

So we signed up for it and only met on the day of the photowalk. We all met up at Divisoria at 6 in the morning and I was sooo early since the photowalk leader texted us saying the freebies were on a "first come, first serve" basis. I don't even know what the freebies were. LOL. At least I'll have a commemorative item for the very first photowalk I joined. Pretty sentimental, I know.


Our photowalk leader was Sir Hensell Prince Hebaya who gave us the freebies and told us beforehand our route as well. I've been living in this city for almost 26 years already and I still can't memorize all the streets at all so don't bother asking me about our route. I am pretty much lost even though I was with Pearly and Angel (her friend who eventually became my friend as well, HI ANGEL!!!) Haha!

This event was also open for non-Fujifilm users however, they can't submit a photo where the top 100 will be included in a photo exhibit. The 2nd Runner-up will have a the FUJIFILM XF10, the 1st Runner-up with FUJIFILM X-A5 and the Grand Winner will have FUJIFILM X-T100 and we have to submit a photo based on the theme for this year: Only In The Philippines. But honestly, I didn't really tried to bother with this contest. I just wanted to enjoy! Charot~


Sir Hensell Prince Hebaya


With Pearly and Angel and we're wearing the freebies!!!

As mentioned earlier, the meeting place was in Divisoria but before we started walking around, we took a photo with the rest of the X-shooters of Cagayan de Oro first.


Photo Credit: Fujifilm Philippines

Soooo here goes our walk, we went first to Velez street and I don't know why but they stopped at the Philippines' most famous food chain and took photos so of course, I stopped as well. I don't want to get lost during this time of my life. LOL!


We just continued walking and taking pictures around the streets of Divisoria and we hadn't even noticed that a part of the group are so ahead of us already but all is well as we still have the same stops anyway and we're headed next to the Provincial Capitol of Misamis Oriental.


Before reaching the Capitol, the three of us, Pearly, Angel and I stopped by a convenience store first to buy snacks and hydrate our selves. 


It was still so early but when we reached the Capitol, I found out that there are lots of people already, exercising. Normally, if it was me around that time on my normal days, I'm still dozing off from my night shift and is still contemplating if I should sleep or not.


Made from UKay~!

I saw a very interesting phone booth within the Capitol, but does it still deserve the name if the phone was actually missing? LOL


In this experience, I concluded that children are actually one of my favorite subjects and that they deserve all the love and support humankind has to offer. Wow, what am I even talking about? 🤣


Before we departed, a taho vendor arrived and was swarmed with lots of customers, regardless the age and gender. It's one of the Filipinos' favorite snack after all.


Next stop: COGON

Pearly, Angel and I were left behind by the entire group. Maybe we're just too slow? I don't know but we still continued walking and taking pictures on our own.


Going to Cogon was my favorite part as I've met the most happiest subjects ever. They don't even know me but they smiled at me (or at my camera) as if we're BFFs. They're all cute as well!


As mentioned, we explored Cogon on our own but we ditched going inside the market. We just took the route that led us to Limketkai Center so that we could have our brunch already. We're starving!


Love drunk? But yeah, I know this is a sad photo 😟


We checked and visited the carnival (which was always present during fiesta) first but sad to say, it was still closed (it's way too early) and we can't get inside.


So we got no choice but to just look at the rides from afar. 

The three of us ended our walk the moment we got inside the fast food restaurant. We may haven't completed it with the rest of the group but I still had a good first experience so far. I wish I'd have another chance next time and to have courage to go outside the house once again. LOL but anyway, thank you girls for putting up with me even though the both of you were so amazing!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe