Food Journal | Japanese Diner, The Taki, Like No Other

Friday, August 17, 2018

Konnichiwa minna~! Jason and I always loved Japanese Food. Ramen is his favorite while I'm in love with Takoyaki and I think I already mentioned it before when we went to Osaka Takoyaki and Tokyo Bubbletea. This time, we're so delighted as we both found and tried out a new Japanese Diner called The Taki's Diner.


We thought that the one on the photo above was Mr. Taki, the owner of the diner. It was stated on the front page on their menu that he was born and raised in Tokyo (arghh our dream destination!!!) but he chose Cagayan de Oro as his new home. He was craving for the "real" ramen that he used to have in Japan however, none of the ramen shops in this city serve hagotae (firm and chewy) noodles that most Japanese used. Therefore he brought a noodle-making machine all the way from Japan to make his own fresh noodles! Cool, right?

The diner is quite small but we still loved the place as it had a very Japanese feel without really overdoing it.


The kitchen and counter.


I also seriously love their decors especially their picture frames of different attractions in Japan and my favorite is the Bamboo Forest that's located in Kyoto.

Jason ordered Miso Ramen while I had Taki's Ramen and of course we also had Takoyaki. We also tried Chashu Roll (excuse me if I had the name wrong) which was heavenly!


Miso Ramen


Taki's Ramen


Chashu Roll and Takoyaki


His face saying "When will you stop taking photos and start eating?"


They also had a promo where if we'll take a photo with our food and post it on Facebook and tag their official Facebook account, we'll have a free dessert and I chose the Macha Pudding.


The meal we had was fantastic, we were so full and it was... Oishi! We are definitely coming back! 😉

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe