Food Journal | Chingkeetea and The Hive with The Pearl

Thursday, June 28, 2018


It's been two months since the last time I've seen Pearly. Yeah, you can say it was when we're having summer fun in Bohol. Well we don't really see each other that much from the first place but that's what makes our meet ups exciting because we'll have lots and lots of stuff to talk about (especially her love life, shhh 🙊).

And so we decided to visit the newly opened third branch of Chingkeetea in Divisoria and have dinner at The Hive Food Park located at Rosario Cres, Limketkai Center.

It's rare for me to have milk tea since majority of milk tea shops are located far from Bugo (where I live) except when my parents buy Nestea Milk Tea from the grocery. LOL! But whenever I go visit one, it will always be Chingkeetea since it's my favorite plus it's a great place for friends to catch up. 

Recently, a new branch opened and I just noticed that the decors from the first two branch were refurbished or recycled, the tables and chairs were painted with different colors and designs, old computer desks were even used as tables, every corner is full of art. While the newly opened branch located at Velez Corner Gaerlan Street is very simple but sophisticated, rustic and very homely but still, the spirit of art is there. Yeah, for me, I don't just visit Chingkeetea because of their milk tea but also because of their artistic vibe.


As usual, Jason ordered Blueberry Milk Tea and Pearly and I both ordered Wintermelon Milk Tea~


The place was packed when we were there and we really wanted to sit near the piano but sadly the table near it was occupied.


And obviously, Jason was the third-wheel 🤣


They're beautiful, right? I've also read from their official Facebook page that these flowers were preserved from the owner's own wedding. So romantic! And this was my favorite:



After our tea time, we went to Limketkai Mall where the new food park was located at. Lots of people were there as well, considering that it's new plus people would really be encouraged to visit the place as there were lots of food stalls and was perfect for food trip buddies!


Jason saw this stall and was very interested of it! It consists of exotic foods and I'm wondering if we could ever have a chance (and courage) to try it.


We decided to try the Wingman's chicken wings...


I loved the food! And truth be told, I haven't tried the chicken wings from any other restaurants that were offering them here in Cagayan de Oro. Pearly even told me where to find the best ones and I guess that's for another food trip with her, right? 😉

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe