Travel Journal | Bohol Countryside Tour

Sunday, April 29, 2018

On the second day of our trip (refer on my previous post for our first and third day), we rented a car that Ate Kameko contacted through her cousin which would take us to different attractions on the countryside for P2000/day and we decided to meet up with the driver at the Baclayon Church since it would be easier to locate but we went out earlier than the time we agreed since we wished to go sight-seeing the church first.


The Baclayon Church

I’ve been here last year as well. Honestly, I’ve already visited almost half of the places we went on this day but it’s still nice to create new memories to these places. 🖤


©  Pearly
Off for a joyride ft. Kuya Joydy

Kuya Joydy met us near the entrance of the church at exactly 9 in the morning and our next stop was the Bohol Blood Compact Site which is located in Barangay Bool, Tagbilaran City. The statues were made in honor to the First Treaty of Friendship between two different races, religions, cultures and civilizations which was done between Miguel Lopez de Legazpi of Spain and Rajah Sikatuna of Bohol.


Blood Compact

Next was a 20-minute ride to the Philippine Tarsier Foundation Inc. where we found one of the world’s smallest primates, the Philippine Tarsier

We went to a different Tarsier sanctuary this time and I can’t clearly remember where we went last year. But I can say that I’m lucky to visit a different observation area as I could get my camera a bit closer to the primates compared last year.


It seemed so fun as well as it appeared like we’re walking on a jungle. The entrance fee for this nature escapade is P60/person and there’s also a P10 discount for the senior citizens. While children, 8 years old and below gets a free entrance. Oh I wish I’m a kid again and could have free access on trips like this!

After meeting the cute primates, we went to an exotic place called the Xzootic Animal Park. The entrance fee was P90/person where you’ll be accompanied by a tour guide and even helps you to take good photos as well and the first spot he lead us to was the Butterfly Garden.


Caterpillars!!!


I love this photo. I managed to capture passing butterflies when I was about to take a photo of their backdrop. 


Next, we met the Python named Recca. The guide told us that it’s harmless and we could touch it but oh well, the three of us could never dare to. 


I got a chance to get closer to it but… not that close 🤣


Next were the unfriendly monkeys


The Palm Civet Cat


Crocodile

There’s a peacock, sailfin lizard and an eagle as well. Hmm… I wonder why I haven’t took a photo of them.

Moving on, it’s lunch time! We went on a cruise for our lunch. It’s the famous Loboc River Cruise of Bohol and Kuya Joydy suggested that we’d go there earlier than the usual lunchtime since the whole place would be packed of tourists who’d have lunch as well. 


Waiting game.


When our priority number was called, we went to the counter and paid for lunch and soon, they led us to our cruise.


After satisfying our bellies, Pearly and I went on the edge of the ship to capture our entire ride closer. 


My second souvenir post card; We went there for lunch last year as well


The river is so clean, isn’t it?

Along the trip, we made a stop by a hut where locals gathered to perform by playing ukuleles, singing and dancing.


I still think that the trip with the cruise was short but we have to move on to our next destination which was the Sipatan Twin Hanging Bridge with an entrance fee of P35/person. I could still remember that Jason and I really depended on each other so much for the both of us could survive the bridge. Before getting there, I really wondered if I could survive it on my own. LOL!


A short pause to breathe


I really didn’t considered going back there but Ate Kams wanted to try it and of course, there’s no harm agreeing trying once again not if my shoe would fall. I can’t even imagine…

Before getting to the most famous tourist spot of Bohol, we passed by the magnificent Man-Made Forest first. 


We also passed by the Shiphaus and I really wished that we’d get inside since we could try wearing a captain’s uniform there and could even hold a ship’s steering wheel as what I’ve seen on photos from my friends in Facebook who visited the place sometime ago but my travel buddies didn’t want to so I got no choice. Next time on my next countryside tour there, perhaps? 😉


Next, I could really say that the Chocolate Hills is the most famous tourist attraction of Bohol as it had the most number of tourists among other attractions that we’ve been to. It was named after chocolates as the green grass of the hills turns brown like a chocolate during the dry season and some of our visit this year turned brown. 

If I remember it correctly, the entrance fee for us to climb up was P50/person. 


The drop-off point


According to wiki, there are at least 1,260 hills that spread over an area of more than 50 square kilometers.


Finally, we’re down on our last spot, the Jardin Necitas which was located at Pilar, Bohol. It’s the farthest attraction we’ve been to that day. It wasn’t supposed to be a part on our itinerary and we just added another P1000 for the rented car for us to get there. We can’t resist such a beautiful place after all.


And that ends our trip (again, check my previous post for our first and third day in Bohol). It’s a super long post, isn’t it? Well I sure hope it’d be inviting enough for you to go on and book a ticket for a Bohol trip now. See you around!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe