Food Journal | Rice Burger Cafe With My Chingus

Sunday, April 08, 2018

Annyeonghaseyo~! I’m not really a Korean fan but everyone who’s very close to my heart is so in love with them. My sisters love Korean pop idols and groups, they even joined several dance contests covering their favorite groups back when they’re still not busy with work and school. My mom could finish a Korean drama in 1 – 2 days. And my BFFs Pearly, Eli and Desiree loves the oppas as well. And oh! Even Jason love the girl group TWICE. Haha! I guess I’m falling behind but I watch K-dramas from time to time as well but not as fast and enthusiastic as my mom and there’s lots to love on their dramas as a matter of fact. Not just their cinematography and uncommon stories but also the way they showcase  their cuisine. It’ll want you to try them all!
Luckily, there’s a Korean café here in Cagayan de Oro that could let us try Korean cuisine for a very cheap price and it’s called the Rice Burger Café. I went there last year with Jason and blogged about it as well but we’ve heard that they’ve got new dishes added on their menu so we decided to go back together with Pearly, Eli, Desiree and Cindy.

It’s a very small place and it is located only at the second floor of a very old building. One can’t even expect that it was their actual location and Desiree nearly entered a door that’s even not related to the café. Lol~ but here’s what will welcome you after the stairs…


Hanboks and Korean idols’ memorabilia


Cute Korean townspeople figures


Pink walls and low wooden tables


Pearly, Des and I arrived first and we ordered Samgyupsal, Tteokpokki (fishcake), Pork Ramyeon and a cup of rice for each of us. I thought it won’t be enough for all of us but it turns out a lot for our stomachs could handle and just in time when Jason arrived, our orders came so we started grilling.


Cheese Tteokpokki, my new fave!


Eli and Cindy arrived when we’re almost done and it was amazing since we still had lots of food left. Well, Desiree and Pearly got a little appetite at that moment and maybe that explains why but still, I’m amazed.


My chingus

After eating, we tried out the hanboks displayed and had a little photo session.


Cindy and Desiree playing as the queen and maybe the king’s true love. Haha!


Pearly, Eli and I as a little family, I guess. LOL!

It was a fun-filled day and it was so great to try new stuffs (and food) with really great friends. 💕

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe