Life Journal | Post-Valentines Date

Sunday, February 18, 2018


Flower, gleam and glow. Let your power shine. Make the clock reverse. Bring back what once was mine.
It's a bar from a song from Disney's Tangled. Sang by Rapunzel. It has always been one of my favorites and I can't help but think about the song over and over again as this month is so full of sweetness, love and flowers!
We may not notice but Valentines Day has always been anticipated by a lot of Filipinos, including me. Jason and I dated every February 14 since 2011 but this time, we hadn't because he had work to do and it's fine by me since a holiday (Chinese New Year) is fast approaching which means a day off for him. It wasn't a bad idea at all since we could spend the whole day together. Plus, don't you think celebrating love should be done everyday? 😉
First things first, we went to Tokyo Bubble Tea to grab some bite before we go and watch Black Panther since we are pretty sure it would end up too late and we'll obviously have a late dinner.
Honestly, we really intended just to eat light but everything's so mouth-watering so we still ended up ordering a lot 😝
The movie was great, well basically I consider every Marvel movie as "great" however, I find Black Panther as remarkable since the warriors that fought beside the king were all strong women.
We got out of the cinema around 8 in the evening yet we're still not hungry since we had popcorn inside as well (I can't really imagine how much more our stomachs could take in). So we just ended up doing what we love inside the mall, window shopping~!
Truth be told, Jason never gave me flowers, not even on my birthday or on our anniversary. I'm fine by it but of course, as a girl, you can't just ditch following your gaze towards those pretty flowers. But this time, he actually bought one. It wasn't really a surprise since I was with him the whole time but as he was facing the florist, I sneaked out and looked for something to give him. I was hoping to buy blueberry cheesecake but every bakery inside the mall doesn't have one at that moment so I bought cinnamon rolls from Cinnabon instead.
Tada! He really bought one! I can't believe it at first and I was really delighted. Ha! Ha!
We had dinner afterwards at the recently opened (still on soft-opening actually) Hogs and Cattle Steak House as he wanted to try their Angus steak.
I loved the meal and the price was reasonable as well. I just thought I should've ordered the same thing as Jason's Angus since it looked so good even just from the photo. Definitely next time, maybe~

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe