Life Journal | February 2018

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

February is too short! It went by so fast and I didn't even notice, it's almost the third month of the year already. But no matter how short it is, for me, it is so full of love 💕

First things first, Jason and I finally got our passports! It's not that we have somewhere to go as of the moment but it's better to be ready in case we get a free travel pass from a lottery or something. No, JK~ but for real, it's for us to be ready in case I could bump into a discounted fare. Ha! Ha!


We got our passports at the DFA office here in Cagayan de Oro, located at Centrio Ayala. On the same day, I met one of Jason's students by chance at the mall. She became my friend since we kept chatting on Facebook and it was the first time we've met ever since we became friends.


Her name is Shaina


February 10 is the feast day of Sr. San Guillermo and it's Barangay Iponan's (where my grandmother lives) fiesta. Every year, my grandmother prepare for it and it also became a day for us to gather with other relatives and friends.


My pretty Nanay Sol


Crispy Pata for Sale 🤣


With my cousin Ica


My cousin, Thea and my sister Ricca

We had dinner and spent some time with my cousins as well. I also tried exploring my camera's flash to learn how to use it at night.



Ever since I had my camera, I really didn't get a chance to practice on good subjects. However, my sister, Ella has been very helpful (she liked it anyway) and became my model.



How was your Valentine's Day, by the way? As for me, it was not spent with Jason alone but with his students as well. It's not really a date but it was fun nonetheless. The school where he works at got a Valentine's Day event, I went there and met Shaina once again together with her classmates. 


With Shaina and Wilrose

It was a great day and the students were having so much fun. They even got a marriage booth where a person would pay to have a couple (or maybe not really a couple) to get married. Shaina became a bride (or a victim) as well. Ha! Ha! 


Two days after Valentine's Day was Chinese New Year which means Jason got no work and it was my day off as well. It was a perfect day for a Post-Valentines Celebration.


I even got a bouquet of flowers from him for the first time in 7 years 😂

It was a normal date but for me it was special enough. We watched Marvel's Black Panther and had dinner at Hogs and Cattle Steak House. But really, the highlight of my day was the sunflower 🌻


I spent Valentine's Day for an entire week (love's supposed to be commemorated everyday anyway). After my date with Jason, I had a group date with Mafe and Taz together with their beaus and we watched a concert at Limketkai Atrium. 


It was TJ x KZ Live in CDO. TJ Monterde was a local artist of Cagayan de Oro before and he was the brother of my classmate as well. On the other hand, KZ was TJ's girlfriend and was the winner of The X Factor Philippines in 2012.



My sister, Ricca is not living with us anymore. Well, she visits every weekend but it's rare for us sisters to be complete that's why last February 20, we met up with Ella and I ended up being broke. LOL! But I don't really mind since it was an unusual occasion for us.



A week after Valentine's Day, the flowers that Jason gave me were starting to whittle but before they fade away completely, I picked carnations that are still pretty to preserve and placed them on a book. The flowers may not have its beauty forever but preserving the petals would be worth it. It's the first flowers that Jason gave me after all.




Love is in the air, don't you think? 💘

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. ..that Sunflower-moment is soooo kilig! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's pretty weird about the flowers since you said he's not that sweet after all :-D hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! Ana siya he'd surprise me and he'd do things he normally don't. Basin ni work na akong mga pa dungog2 after seven years hahaha jk. Sa mga previous na Valentines muingun pa siyag "para sa unsa ang Valentines? kailangan jud icelebrate?" Haha!

      Delete

Subscribe